Faculty Relations Committee
The Faculty Relations Committee shall monitor the effectiveness of University policies on faculty conditions of employment and work environment, tenure, promotion, and grievance, and serve as a liaison with Human Relations on faculty benefits and compensation.
- Monitor the effectiveness of University policies on tenure, promotion, and grievance as set forth in the Faculty and Staff Handbook.
- Monitor the effectiveness and outcomes of faculty conflict resolution processes for ensuring due process.
- Represent the faculty on issues on benefits and compensation with Human Resources.
- Discuss with Human Resources why TCU has moved away from our prior conflict resolution policies, what policies will replace them, and how conflict resolution will be handled in the interim.
- Discuss with Human Resources the proper scope, timing, and frequency of compliance training for faculty.
- Work with Provost Dahlberg to identify best practices for determining faculty workload and evaluating faculty performance.
- Investigate the extent to which faculty experience differs across faculty rank and status, particularly regarding the difference between full-time tenure/tenure-track faculty, full-time non-tenurable faculty, and part-time faculty.
Current Items to be Monitored
- The timing and scope of sabbaticals
- Processes for changes to Faculty 180
- Open lines of communication with Human Resources
- Representation on the Board of Trustees