2018 – 2019 Governance Committee
Chair: Pamela Frable
FSEC Liaison: Clark Jones
Members: J. Sage3 Elwell, Hanan Hammad, Omar Harvey, Karen Nelson, Brandy Quinn, Eric Simanek, , Pat Walters, Timothy Watkins, Barbara Wood
The Governance Committee shall monitor and revise when needed the Faculty Senate and Faculty-Staff Handbooks, work jointly with the Executive Committee on Senate elections, and monitor the function of the Faculty Senate by recommending changes to improve its governance and effectiveness.
- Revise and edit the Faculty Senate and Faculty-Staff Handbooks to ensure congruence with new programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Work jointly with the Executive Committee to nominate candidates for senate offices.
- Monitor function and effectiveness of Faculty Senate Committees.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the visibility, influence, and effectiveness of the FS.
- Update handbook with procedures for appointment/elections to University, Graduate, and Undergraduate Councils, and University and College Advisory Committees.
- Consider strategies to encourage more Senators to run for Senate office and make recommendations regarding leadership succession
- Purpose is to retain the wisdom and experience of a current officer “team” when transitioning to a newly elected officer team.
- Make recommendation formalizing the designation of Senator Emeritus.
- Make recommendations formalizing procedures for filling vacancies arising from earned and family leaves.