Chair: Pamela Frable
FSEC Liaison: Sean Atkinson
Members: Guangyan Chen, Sohyun Lee, Hadi Hosainy, Marc Neri, Vassil Miho, Sriram Thirumalai, Daxton Stewart, Brandy Quinn, James Rodriguez, Lavonne Adams, Peter Frinchaboy
The Governance Committee shall monitor and revise when needed the Faculty Senate and Faculty-Staff Handbooks, work jointly with the Executive Committee on Senate elections, and monitor the function of the Faculty Senate by recommending changes to improve its governance and effectiveness.
- Revise and edit the Faculty Senate and Faculty-Staff Handbooks to ensure congruence with new programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Work jointly with the Executive Committee to nominate candidates for senate offices.
- Monitor function and effectiveness of Faculty Senate Committees.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the visibility, influence, and effectiveness of the FS.
- Update handbook with procedures for appointment/elections to University, Graduate, and Undergraduate Councils, and University and College Advisory Committees.
- Consider strategies to encourage more Senators to run for Senate office and make recommendations regarding leadership succession
- The purpose is to retain the wisdom and experience of a current officer “team” when transitioning to a newly elected officer team.
- Make a recommendation formalizing the designation of Senator Emeritus.
- Make recommendations formalizing procedures for filling vacancies arising from earned and family leaves.