Student Relations Committee
Chair: Laura Singletary
FSEC Liaison: Laurel Lynch
Members: Alex Lemon, Santiago Pinon, Jr., Cliff Defee, Mark Willis, Jennifer Engler, Jessica Zeller, Amy stewart, Phil Esposito, Janie Robinson, Bingyang Wei, Derek Tomlin
The Student Relations Committee shall represent the Faculty Senate on matters involving student concerns, consult with Student Affairs and Academic Affairs, and review strategies to maintain student participation in shared governance.
- Represent the Faculty Senate on matters involving student concerns.
- Meet with officers of the Student Government Association (SGA) and SGA House of Representatives at least annually in order to monitor issues of concern to the student community. Attend the weekly meetings of the SGA.
- Consult with Student Affairs and Academic Affairs, and share with FS; provide Faculty Senate feedback to these units.
- Work with Student Government Association (SGA) on Honor Code implementation.
- Work with Student Government Association (SGA) on Mental Health and Sexual Assault Initiatives
- Work with Graduate Student Senate (GSS) on Childcare Initiatives